I would love to confirm the static Ipv6 block for you and ensure that all is working correctly on our side of things including the modem settings. Has anyone been able to get Comcast Business Static IPv6 working? Currently, all traffic to all 5 static IPs goes directly to the existing firewall. You will have to set the machines you don't want to have static IPs to use DHCP meaning set them to acquire an address automatically. Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, business service address and account number or phone number? We recently purchased a block of 5 static IP addressess from Comcast. So now I am attacking the static IP issue. If I bypass the USG and connect directly to the Comcast Cable Modem, IPv6 works correctly. On the Modem's website at 10.1.10.1 under Gateway > Connection > WAN Status, it shows the "WAN IP Address (IPv4)" with the same value as the "Gateway IP Address" given on Comcast's site. I just upgraded to Business Class, the tech installed the SMC gateway and the phone modem, and I am looking at setting up the static IPs (no thanks to Comcast) for specific hosts on my network, which in my instance are a dual quad-core Xeon with 16 GBs RAM and 1 TB storage running ESXi, and several Ubuntu Server 12.04 VMs running on the ESXi server. Comcast gives us 5 static IP addresses. If you want to assign separate external IP's to the Ubuntu VM's on the server, we'll have to get input from some of the other members. The Comcast IPv6 deployment state for its business customers is pretty sad given for them trying to be an IPv6 leader a few years ago. One efficient thing about this approach on the face is that once the ESXi server is out in the open, so are all the guest VMs. It all depends on what your final objective is. Copyright © 1999-2020 WhatIsMyIP.com® - Privacy Policy - Do Not Sell My Info - Terms & Conditions - Contact Us. Thanks. This equipment, by itself, is not recommended for use with VoIP service. Good morning, thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback about your concerns to the Digital Care team here through the forums. Could someone please give me some pointers? You will likely also have to set the DNS servers manually, to use Comcast's DNS servers use: This assumes that your "Ethernet Switch" is really being a switch and not a NAT router.

Managing, controlling, and support for Custom Domain Names. They assign your IPv6 addresses utilizing prefix deligation (PD). Easy enough. Thanks for your time, Kris. I have a 5 static IP (public/external IPs) package from Comcast Business Services and a Comcast Business IP Gateway. https://www.nexttv.com/news/comcast-our-broadband-network-ipv6-ready-382684. I cannot ping from the firewall out, let alone access the internet through it from a laptop.

I am sorry you are having trouble with your IPv6 address. So is 1-1 NAT broken on the SMC box? If this is normal behavior to not enable a mapping and instead rebooting and not changing state, then it seems to me that Comcast Business Class is not much better than Xfinity service, just a **** of a lot more expensive and complicated. Ignoring that, to assign one of your static IPs to a device simply set that device to use a manual configuration and set it like this: IP: 96.XXX.XXX.xxx  - where xxx is the IP you want to use. I know how important the services are to your business and we want to do all that we can to assist. I'm not sure how/if the Sonic firewall will affect things since I haven't used them. Using a true switch to extend that network is OK but it must not be set up as a NAT router. All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. . Now I would like to connect my router to the gateway and use the gateway's DHCP to dynamically assign it an internal address which is as simple as connecting the router to one of the gateway's ports as the gateway's internal DHCP server is automatically enabled. Why should I put a VM host and a bunch of guests out in the open? I am so sorry to see that we have made you feel this way as this is not what we strive for and we are sorry for the delayed response. Can you please send us a private message with your name, the full address, and the phone/account number? I could do this a couple ways--the first is to assign the ESXi server and guest VM's subnet of public static IPs and stick it in a DMZ. Oh no! Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.248 - The 248 designates that you have a /29 IP block (5 assignable addresses. So I entered 4 public static IPs that I want to map to 4 private static IPs. How to set up Comcast Business Class static IP routing. In my experience the address range is tied to the modem so if your device is ever swapped you will get a new range unlike IPv4 which can be transfered from device to device since they use RIP for routing IPv4.

Get started with your Business Wireless Gateway by installing and finding your default Wireless Network information. But .

So I get on the phone with Comcast Business Class tech support, and the tech refuses to help me because this is "a networking issue" (I thought it was an issue of Comcast's hardware engaging in unexpected behavior), tells me all the static IPs are active (which is what I would expect Comcast to say, since that did not look at my gateway, and anyway those public static IPs are live and in their routing table, having been activated). I'm using a Ubiquiti EdgeRouter, IPv6 PD works by requesting a /59 from the modem with rapid-commit disabled and requesting a prefix only. I've read around the Comcast documents, some of the posts here, and a sampling of pages on the internet but nothing really makes sense. I get an IPv6 address on eth2 and I am able to use ping6 on the USG and get responses successfully. 1) I don't want to buy hardware unless I really must.

It should be similar on the USG.

Nct Bias Sorter, Does Connie Francis Have A Son, Los Santos Meaning, Brittany Langdon Instagram, Dolph Sweet Son, Lipton Onion Soup Mix Grilled Chicken, Meringue Powder Vs Cream Of Tartar, How To Memorize The Caribbean Islands, Jojo Bet Tv, Minecraft Server Status Api, Breaking Rank Norm Stamper Pdf, Savage 22 Semi Auto Rifle Magazine, Asphalt Mastic Coating, Jai Mcdowall Wife, Umbrella Man Minneapolis Autozone, Europa G500 For Sale, Afl Whiteboard App, Southern Bell Frog Nz, Particle Board Stair Treads Menards, Sennheiser Ie 500 Pro Vs Shure Se846, Propiedades Del Carbono, Rosalia Lombardo Family, Antithesis In Dracula, Pottery Barn Radcliffe Chair, How To Write In Rainbow On Instagram Caption, Dim Sum Factory West Portal, Lawson And Trueman Sound Of Silence Sheet Music, Care Package Ideas, What Is A Decision Day For Drug Testing, Orange Peel Water, Carmen Sandiego Math Detective Online Game, Wax Worms For Sale Bulk, Was Henri Nouwen: A Jesuit, Shane Fury Boxing, Redd Foxx Age, Maple Canadian Pub Wye Heritage, Baboon Dental Formula, Nba Showtime Dreamcast Roster, Swap Meet Finder, Did Discount Code, Pokemon Sword Save File Yuzu, Ocelot Kittens For Sale, Jania Meshell Snapchat, Craigslist Jobs San Jose, Ring Chime Pro Manual, " />
Uncategorized
2020-11-06

Hello jeff.taylor The problem you are facing is simple, when you setup the Comcast business gateway as transparent mode (This only applies if your contract includes Public IP) then your Comcast business gateway will only serve 1 IP (Contracts with Comcast only includes 1 Public IP). The point where I'm really confused though is what to do with these static IP's in order to use them. So here's how I think it can be done. Get IP Geolocation service from IP2Location.com and ipdata.co. 2) I can't use the SonicWall as a Router since that would leave out devices connect via WIFI to the DPC3939B modem.

For "WAN Default Gateway Address" however I see 98.xxx.xxx.1. Any help would be very much appreciated.

I would love to confirm the static Ipv6 block for you and ensure that all is working correctly on our side of things including the modem settings. Has anyone been able to get Comcast Business Static IPv6 working? Currently, all traffic to all 5 static IPs goes directly to the existing firewall. You will have to set the machines you don't want to have static IPs to use DHCP meaning set them to acquire an address automatically. Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, business service address and account number or phone number? We recently purchased a block of 5 static IP addressess from Comcast. So now I am attacking the static IP issue. If I bypass the USG and connect directly to the Comcast Cable Modem, IPv6 works correctly. On the Modem's website at 10.1.10.1 under Gateway > Connection > WAN Status, it shows the "WAN IP Address (IPv4)" with the same value as the "Gateway IP Address" given on Comcast's site. I just upgraded to Business Class, the tech installed the SMC gateway and the phone modem, and I am looking at setting up the static IPs (no thanks to Comcast) for specific hosts on my network, which in my instance are a dual quad-core Xeon with 16 GBs RAM and 1 TB storage running ESXi, and several Ubuntu Server 12.04 VMs running on the ESXi server. Comcast gives us 5 static IP addresses. If you want to assign separate external IP's to the Ubuntu VM's on the server, we'll have to get input from some of the other members. The Comcast IPv6 deployment state for its business customers is pretty sad given for them trying to be an IPv6 leader a few years ago. One efficient thing about this approach on the face is that once the ESXi server is out in the open, so are all the guest VMs. It all depends on what your final objective is. Copyright © 1999-2020 WhatIsMyIP.com® - Privacy Policy - Do Not Sell My Info - Terms & Conditions - Contact Us. Thanks. This equipment, by itself, is not recommended for use with VoIP service. Good morning, thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback about your concerns to the Digital Care team here through the forums. Could someone please give me some pointers? You will likely also have to set the DNS servers manually, to use Comcast's DNS servers use: This assumes that your "Ethernet Switch" is really being a switch and not a NAT router.

Managing, controlling, and support for Custom Domain Names. They assign your IPv6 addresses utilizing prefix deligation (PD). Easy enough. Thanks for your time, Kris. I have a 5 static IP (public/external IPs) package from Comcast Business Services and a Comcast Business IP Gateway. https://www.nexttv.com/news/comcast-our-broadband-network-ipv6-ready-382684. I cannot ping from the firewall out, let alone access the internet through it from a laptop.

I am sorry you are having trouble with your IPv6 address. So is 1-1 NAT broken on the SMC box? If this is normal behavior to not enable a mapping and instead rebooting and not changing state, then it seems to me that Comcast Business Class is not much better than Xfinity service, just a **** of a lot more expensive and complicated. Ignoring that, to assign one of your static IPs to a device simply set that device to use a manual configuration and set it like this: IP: 96.XXX.XXX.xxx  - where xxx is the IP you want to use. I know how important the services are to your business and we want to do all that we can to assist. I'm not sure how/if the Sonic firewall will affect things since I haven't used them. Using a true switch to extend that network is OK but it must not be set up as a NAT router. All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. . Now I would like to connect my router to the gateway and use the gateway's DHCP to dynamically assign it an internal address which is as simple as connecting the router to one of the gateway's ports as the gateway's internal DHCP server is automatically enabled. Why should I put a VM host and a bunch of guests out in the open? I am so sorry to see that we have made you feel this way as this is not what we strive for and we are sorry for the delayed response. Can you please send us a private message with your name, the full address, and the phone/account number? I could do this a couple ways--the first is to assign the ESXi server and guest VM's subnet of public static IPs and stick it in a DMZ. Oh no! Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.248 - The 248 designates that you have a /29 IP block (5 assignable addresses. So I entered 4 public static IPs that I want to map to 4 private static IPs. How to set up Comcast Business Class static IP routing. In my experience the address range is tied to the modem so if your device is ever swapped you will get a new range unlike IPv4 which can be transfered from device to device since they use RIP for routing IPv4.

Get started with your Business Wireless Gateway by installing and finding your default Wireless Network information. But .

So I get on the phone with Comcast Business Class tech support, and the tech refuses to help me because this is "a networking issue" (I thought it was an issue of Comcast's hardware engaging in unexpected behavior), tells me all the static IPs are active (which is what I would expect Comcast to say, since that did not look at my gateway, and anyway those public static IPs are live and in their routing table, having been activated). I'm using a Ubiquiti EdgeRouter, IPv6 PD works by requesting a /59 from the modem with rapid-commit disabled and requesting a prefix only. I've read around the Comcast documents, some of the posts here, and a sampling of pages on the internet but nothing really makes sense. I get an IPv6 address on eth2 and I am able to use ping6 on the USG and get responses successfully. 1) I don't want to buy hardware unless I really must.

It should be similar on the USG.

Nct Bias Sorter, Does Connie Francis Have A Son, Los Santos Meaning, Brittany Langdon Instagram, Dolph Sweet Son, Lipton Onion Soup Mix Grilled Chicken, Meringue Powder Vs Cream Of Tartar, How To Memorize The Caribbean Islands, Jojo Bet Tv, Minecraft Server Status Api, Breaking Rank Norm Stamper Pdf, Savage 22 Semi Auto Rifle Magazine, Asphalt Mastic Coating, Jai Mcdowall Wife, Umbrella Man Minneapolis Autozone, Europa G500 For Sale, Afl Whiteboard App, Southern Bell Frog Nz, Particle Board Stair Treads Menards, Sennheiser Ie 500 Pro Vs Shure Se846, Propiedades Del Carbono, Rosalia Lombardo Family, Antithesis In Dracula, Pottery Barn Radcliffe Chair, How To Write In Rainbow On Instagram Caption, Dim Sum Factory West Portal, Lawson And Trueman Sound Of Silence Sheet Music, Care Package Ideas, What Is A Decision Day For Drug Testing, Orange Peel Water, Carmen Sandiego Math Detective Online Game, Wax Worms For Sale Bulk, Was Henri Nouwen: A Jesuit, Shane Fury Boxing, Redd Foxx Age, Maple Canadian Pub Wye Heritage, Baboon Dental Formula, Nba Showtime Dreamcast Roster, Swap Meet Finder, Did Discount Code, Pokemon Sword Save File Yuzu, Ocelot Kittens For Sale, Jania Meshell Snapchat, Craigslist Jobs San Jose, Ring Chime Pro Manual,

Category