By 1976, she became the first woman to reach the rank of expert, successfully competing against the men.

If somebody pulls out in front of you from a parking lot or something, if you know you can't stop, try to get as light on that thing and get up as high as you can right before impact. Debbie Evans-Leavitt was a stunt driver in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Photos. It was around then that she began to grab the attention of the press, not only for her trials competitions, but also for the bike shows she did. That's how it begins.

It took him four seconds to get over to the wall, so I figured I had four seconds to get out of there,” Evans recalls. RevZilla offers shipping to your location! Photo provided by Debbie Evans. BT: That's just amazing that you walked away from that mostly unhurt.

or create an account Evans credits her knife-sharp reaction time — “a God-given gift to be able to react that fast, I’ve been doing this forty years and my reaction time is probably faster than the average teenager” — to her skills as a stunt driver. BT: What’s another one of your favorite stunt scenes? Do Not Sell My Personal Information. We've received your submission. Debbie Evans Stunts. Do Not Sell My Personal Information, Your California Privacy Rights Debbie has won 7 Taurus World Stunts Awards, one of the highest acknowledgements in her industry. Privacy Notice She had just two seconds to brake as hard as she could and try to clear herself and her bike from the oncoming truck. And that's the closest I've ever come, you know? The mishap landed her two weeks in the burn unit. She drove in all the female driving sequences Fast films 1,2,3,6,7, and 8. So I was on the bike, and, you know, it went real good, probably four times. Then my last trick that I learned was to do the headstand when I was 14.

It was her dad’s sponsor who helped launch Debbie’s stunt career when he recruited her to jump a 30-foot ravine on a DT400 for Deathsport. Photo provided by Debbie Evans.DE: I still feel like I'm in my 20s in my head. Please reference our International Shipping Policy for details. There's a point where the agent morphs into the truck driver, and they're going up on the right-hand side of the truck, and it morphs into the truck driver and the truck driver swerves to try and smash them between the wall, and we had practiced it about... well, I actually rode behind the truck and I said, "Do exactly what you're gonna do. That was a big one, where, you know, she's kind of robot-like, almost? “Mission Impossible,” “Charlie’s Angels,” “Independence Day,” “Terminator 2″… She doubled on the motorbike for Alicia Silverstone in “Batman & Robin,” in the car for Angelina Jolie in “Mr. “I was really shy, so I can't even picture how I did that at that time!” she says. Debbie Evans is one of Hollywood’s top stunt women. Debbie’s very first trophy, at age 9. By the age of nine she began competing in the sport of motorcycle trials. An action shot from The Matrix Reloaded with Debbie and another stunt double on the back. your ZillaCash Rewards on a future order with us!

To just being... well... afterward, I got off the bike and I just felt physically ill. Evans, a 43-year veteran stunt driver, once got lectured about motorcycle tire pressure from a huffy “CHiPs”crew member in the late ’70s.

That's a guy. He was doing donuts on the motorcycle and I went, ‘I could do that! Counter steering. BT: What is it like now for young women trying to break into this industry? BT: You’ve gotten some serious acclaim. Debbie came along just in time for all of that to change. The favorite one that I own is, well, my Ducati 996 that the directors gave me after the movie. “Before that, men would do all the driving jobs because they didn’t trust women in the car.”. “I always did this thing where I could stand on my head on the seat of the motorcycle while it was balancing, so Yamaha would send me around when I was in high school to the Houston Astrodome for the Camel Pro Series and the Supercross races at the Pontiac Silverdome and Anaheim Stadium,” she says. There's so many motorcycles, and, you know, there's good ones for all different things. “We rehearsed it four times and I told the [truck] driver to do exactly what he was going to do in the rehearsals. Women stunt performers train to be the best they can be and we support and promote each and every woman in the Entertainment industry. BT: What sorts of things have you learned to do prevent a foreseeable crash from going out of control? Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Women In Stunts is dedicated to women in action, the stunt performers who make action films and TV so exciting. It was all red and swollen and everything, but I didn't break anything. “It was an amazingly beautiful place and the things we were doing there were incredible,” Evans says. Because behind the scenes you ended up head-on with another car in one of the chase scenes? Someone called up and asked whether she’d be interested in filming a few scenes for the film, so Evans went down to the set and revved up her bike. Redeem That's interesting. Photo provided by Debbie Evans.DE: Well, it depends on what we're doing.

Sea Bream Average Weight, Anime Fanz Apk, 1954 D Dime Error, Live Cc For Carding 2019, L'étranger Film 1967 Streaming, Brainpop Quiz Science, Top 50 Hardest Languages To Learn, Kavan Smith Wife Pics, Crazy Arcade Bnb Pc, What Did The Whig And Democratic Parties Have In Common, Bam Adebayo Parents Nationality, Slam Dunk 10 Days After, East Harlem Crime, Veo Camera Setup, Ds2 Map Osrs, Www Guv Uk, Texte Mignon Pour Une Amie, Rod And Gun Club Terre Haute Menu, Life Of Boris Real Voice, Jackie O Rapper Net Worth, Uberti Lightning Revolver, A Level Physics Notes Pdf, Bret Michaels Wife, Larry Rickles Children, Kulcha Bread Near Me, Zta Password Album, Loading Cattle With Corral Panels, Gee Nelly Twitch, Orde Wingate Family Tree, Pacific Rim Game, Twitter Kairi Leaked, Starfish Birth Defect Square Snopes, Maeva Ghennam Origine Algérienne, Be Alright Roblox Id Ariana Grande, Grand Designs Cliff House Erosion 2018, Warren Occult Museum Closed, Ranger Model 36 22 Rifle Magazine, 6ku Bikes Reddit, Colgate Distribution Center, Kelly Mccreary Twin, Mr Sweets Strawberry Banana Pudding Cheesecake, Blink Servers Down 2020, Hotel Transylvanie 2 Film Complet En Français Dailymotion, Lamarcus Joyner Wife, Halfway Covenant Apush, Gardens Alive Closing, Kiro Radio Schedule, Sega Mega Drive Ii, What Do The Gifts Mean In Zynga Poker, " />
Uncategorized
2020-11-06

In the 1970s, Evans was considered the best female observed trials rider in the United States, earning factory-backed sponsorship from Yamaha.Evans was born and raised in Lakewood, California and learned to ride a motorcycle at the age of six. College student with COVID-19 found dead in dorm room while quarantining, Woman busts her cheating boyfriend after spotting clue in his selfie, Election results map: All eyes on Georgia, Arizona, Nevada and Pennsylvania, USPS says huge amount of mail-in ballots were not delivered, Trump campaign scores legal win in Pennsylvania vote count, Evans on the set of “The Fast and the Furious.”. If you're ever in the spot where you do see a car that's turned in front of you and you know there's no way you're going to stop, before you hit that car jump as high and far as you can straight into the air. This project is called "Work It", and it is a series of videos produced by Conde Nast and then featured online on... Women In Stunts is dedicated to women in action, the stunt performers, stunt coordinators, fight choreographers and all other women who make action films and TV so exciting. I feel like I had been training every day of my entire life to be a stunt driver and I just happened to fall right into it.”, Evans’ first film credit was “Death Sport” and since then her projects have gotten increasingly higher in profile. At the Camel Pro Series Race, she performed her balancing act and then wheelied all around the stadium in front of 42,000 people and got a standing ovation. There's a lot of people who come out from someplace else and they end up making a go of it and there's people who struggle and struggle and struggle and never seem to get anywhere, so that's kind of the whole Hollywood thing. And it was a lot of fun. I had a blast on that one. It was on a cult movie called “Death Sport,” a futuristic motorcross thriller that filmed in rural California in the late ’70s.

By 1976, she became the first woman to reach the rank of expert, successfully competing against the men.

If somebody pulls out in front of you from a parking lot or something, if you know you can't stop, try to get as light on that thing and get up as high as you can right before impact. Debbie Evans-Leavitt was a stunt driver in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Photos. It was around then that she began to grab the attention of the press, not only for her trials competitions, but also for the bike shows she did. That's how it begins.

It took him four seconds to get over to the wall, so I figured I had four seconds to get out of there,” Evans recalls. RevZilla offers shipping to your location! Photo provided by Debbie Evans. BT: That's just amazing that you walked away from that mostly unhurt.

or create an account Evans credits her knife-sharp reaction time — “a God-given gift to be able to react that fast, I’ve been doing this forty years and my reaction time is probably faster than the average teenager” — to her skills as a stunt driver. BT: What’s another one of your favorite stunt scenes? Do Not Sell My Personal Information. We've received your submission. Debbie Evans Stunts. Do Not Sell My Personal Information, Your California Privacy Rights Debbie has won 7 Taurus World Stunts Awards, one of the highest acknowledgements in her industry. Privacy Notice She had just two seconds to brake as hard as she could and try to clear herself and her bike from the oncoming truck. And that's the closest I've ever come, you know? The mishap landed her two weeks in the burn unit. She drove in all the female driving sequences Fast films 1,2,3,6,7, and 8. So I was on the bike, and, you know, it went real good, probably four times. Then my last trick that I learned was to do the headstand when I was 14.

It was her dad’s sponsor who helped launch Debbie’s stunt career when he recruited her to jump a 30-foot ravine on a DT400 for Deathsport. Photo provided by Debbie Evans.DE: I still feel like I'm in my 20s in my head. Please reference our International Shipping Policy for details. There's a point where the agent morphs into the truck driver, and they're going up on the right-hand side of the truck, and it morphs into the truck driver and the truck driver swerves to try and smash them between the wall, and we had practiced it about... well, I actually rode behind the truck and I said, "Do exactly what you're gonna do. That was a big one, where, you know, she's kind of robot-like, almost? “Mission Impossible,” “Charlie’s Angels,” “Independence Day,” “Terminator 2″… She doubled on the motorbike for Alicia Silverstone in “Batman & Robin,” in the car for Angelina Jolie in “Mr. “I was really shy, so I can't even picture how I did that at that time!” she says. Debbie Evans is one of Hollywood’s top stunt women. Debbie’s very first trophy, at age 9. By the age of nine she began competing in the sport of motorcycle trials. An action shot from The Matrix Reloaded with Debbie and another stunt double on the back. your ZillaCash Rewards on a future order with us!

To just being... well... afterward, I got off the bike and I just felt physically ill. Evans, a 43-year veteran stunt driver, once got lectured about motorcycle tire pressure from a huffy “CHiPs”crew member in the late ’70s.

That's a guy. He was doing donuts on the motorcycle and I went, ‘I could do that! Counter steering. BT: What is it like now for young women trying to break into this industry? BT: You’ve gotten some serious acclaim. Debbie came along just in time for all of that to change. The favorite one that I own is, well, my Ducati 996 that the directors gave me after the movie. “Before that, men would do all the driving jobs because they didn’t trust women in the car.”. “I always did this thing where I could stand on my head on the seat of the motorcycle while it was balancing, so Yamaha would send me around when I was in high school to the Houston Astrodome for the Camel Pro Series and the Supercross races at the Pontiac Silverdome and Anaheim Stadium,” she says. There's so many motorcycles, and, you know, there's good ones for all different things. “We rehearsed it four times and I told the [truck] driver to do exactly what he was going to do in the rehearsals. Women stunt performers train to be the best they can be and we support and promote each and every woman in the Entertainment industry. BT: What sorts of things have you learned to do prevent a foreseeable crash from going out of control? Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Women In Stunts is dedicated to women in action, the stunt performers who make action films and TV so exciting. It was all red and swollen and everything, but I didn't break anything. “It was an amazingly beautiful place and the things we were doing there were incredible,” Evans says. Because behind the scenes you ended up head-on with another car in one of the chase scenes? Someone called up and asked whether she’d be interested in filming a few scenes for the film, so Evans went down to the set and revved up her bike. Redeem That's interesting. Photo provided by Debbie Evans.DE: Well, it depends on what we're doing.

Sea Bream Average Weight, Anime Fanz Apk, 1954 D Dime Error, Live Cc For Carding 2019, L'étranger Film 1967 Streaming, Brainpop Quiz Science, Top 50 Hardest Languages To Learn, Kavan Smith Wife Pics, Crazy Arcade Bnb Pc, What Did The Whig And Democratic Parties Have In Common, Bam Adebayo Parents Nationality, Slam Dunk 10 Days After, East Harlem Crime, Veo Camera Setup, Ds2 Map Osrs, Www Guv Uk, Texte Mignon Pour Une Amie, Rod And Gun Club Terre Haute Menu, Life Of Boris Real Voice, Jackie O Rapper Net Worth, Uberti Lightning Revolver, A Level Physics Notes Pdf, Bret Michaels Wife, Larry Rickles Children, Kulcha Bread Near Me, Zta Password Album, Loading Cattle With Corral Panels, Gee Nelly Twitch, Orde Wingate Family Tree, Pacific Rim Game, Twitter Kairi Leaked, Starfish Birth Defect Square Snopes, Maeva Ghennam Origine Algérienne, Be Alright Roblox Id Ariana Grande, Grand Designs Cliff House Erosion 2018, Warren Occult Museum Closed, Ranger Model 36 22 Rifle Magazine, 6ku Bikes Reddit, Colgate Distribution Center, Kelly Mccreary Twin, Mr Sweets Strawberry Banana Pudding Cheesecake, Blink Servers Down 2020, Hotel Transylvanie 2 Film Complet En Français Dailymotion, Lamarcus Joyner Wife, Halfway Covenant Apush, Gardens Alive Closing, Kiro Radio Schedule, Sega Mega Drive Ii, What Do The Gifts Mean In Zynga Poker,

Category