Lychee identified as cause for mystery deadly childhood illness in India 2/02/2017 . no_error = true; Learn about service in Afghanistan and Gulf War Illness if (!r && (!this.readyState || this.readyState == 'complete')) { "); addEvent(input, 'change', function() { While they are all potentially deadly, you may wonder, which is the riskiest? addEvent(radios[i], 'click', function() { } tooltip.tip.className = tooltip.tip.className.replace(/ ? if (no_error && /date_field/.test(elem.className)) { } For those who live in Southeast Asian urban areas, there is little to worry about as it is rarely found in cities. var radios = form_to_submit.elements[el.name]; Does a vaccine exist? I remember many years ago before I first went to SE Asia, I read some of the warnings on the CDC website–they really do consider the absolute worst case scenarios. 90% of people who contract the disease will show no symptoms, while 10% will suffer flu-like symptoms such as headaches, vomiting, nausea, joint pain, and swollen glands. Each year, an estimated 660,000 people die from malaria. }

var regexStr = "field\\[(\\d+)\\]"; if (!no_error) { tooltip = create_tooltip(elem, "This field is required. Medical experts with the U.N. World Health Organization are investigating an outbreak of an unknown illness with a high mortality rate in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. true : no_error = false; Travelers who are temporarily visiting rural areas in Southeast Asia are typically prescribed preventative medication to avoid infection.

var serialized = _form_serialize(document.getElementById('_form_1_')); remove ? window._load_script = function(url, callback) { The disease is endemic in tropical countries across the globe, and one study concerning The global distribution and burden of dengue estimates around 3.9 billion people are at risk of contracting the disease. if (callback) { All Rights Reserved.

if (input.type == 'text') { var elems = form_to_submit.elements[elem.name]; if (elem.type == 'radio' || (elem.type == 'checkbox' && /any/.test(elem.className))) { if (needs_validate(elem)) { tooltip.tip.className = tooltip.tip.className.replace(/ ? In Southeast Asia, there are 3 types of mosquito borne illnesses that can lead to serious illness. Health officials say Pennsylvanians have little to fear so far from a deadly respiratory illness spreading across Southeast Asia. After causing outbreaks in India, Sri Lanka, Burma, and Thailand, it all but disappeared, and sporadic cases continued in Burma, Thailand even into the 80’s. return results != undefined ? This could mean the difference between life and death. Turned out to be dengue! }; } else { } The predominant clinical syndrome in humans was encephalitis which manifested symptoms such as fever, headache, drowsiness, and disorientation, and if you are unlucky, coma. Dengue fever is a disease caused by a family of viruses that are transmitted by mosquitoes. Whether or not you contract any of the mosquito borne illnesses above, LUMA can provide you comprehensive insurance that can be a lifesaver. })(input); }; Hand, foot, and mouth diseases, caused by enteroviruses, such as coxsackie A16 and entrovirus 71, is common in many countries in the region. Your email address will not be published. var validate_form = function(e) { for (var i = 0; i < elem.options.length; i++) { While scientist across the globe are trying to develop a vaccine, currently there are no malaria vaccines in existence. var fieldVal = getUrlParam(allInputs[i].dataset.name); no_error = false; Both very bad. } else if (elem.tagName == 'SELECT') { She runs CCFoodTravel.com and Cikipedia. Southeast Asia by the way, has some of the most high-tech modern hospital facilities in the world. tooltip.className = '_error'; tooltip.appendChild(arrow); if (window._old_serialize) window.serialize = window._old_serialize; For many Southeast Asian residents, mosquitos are the bane of existence.

if (element.addEventListener) { new_tooltip.tip = tooltip; _load_script(trackcmp_url);

Just enter your name and email below and I promise to only send you delicious emails :). } else { } }

window._show_thank_you = function(id, message, trackcmp_url) { These people may suffer abrupt and sudden bleeding anywhere in the body and should be treated in a hospital’s ICU immediately. for (var i = 0, len = allInputs.length; i < len; i++) { A nice post warning about the potential threats. + serialized + '&jsonp=true'); no_error = false; I think there is a always a huge risk in eating meat. script.charset = 'utf-8'; tooltip = create_tooltip(elem, "Please select an option. However, if you live in a rural space, you’re at a greater risk and are recommended to use bed or mosquito nets to prevent bites while sleeping. Its no joke. } else { from animals to humans or from humans to animals (the latter is sometimes called reverse zoonosis or anthroponosis). The symptoms people experience can vary tremendously in scope.

Enteroviruses are normally associated with the hot and humid climate of tropical countries and is common even in my country Malaysia. Singapore children are vaccinated for the disease, as are many children in other Southeast Asian countries. Follow this blog and learn Ciki’s personal routines on how she stays fit, energetic and young at heart. What is your risk? } div.className = '_error-html'; tooltip.className = '_error-inner _no_arrow'; if (_removed) return; return false; var elems = form_to_submit.elements[elem.name], found = false, err = [];

The site is secure.

(_above|_below) ?/g, '') + ' _below'; } In her spare time, Ciki writes for her Food and Travel blog too, CCFoodTravel. if (window.location.search.search("excludeform") !== -1) return false; if (typeof serialize !== 'undefined') window._old_serialize = window.serialize;

thank_you.innerHTML = message; var create_tooltip = function(elem, text) { var allInputs = form_to_submit.querySelectorAll('input, select, textarea'), tooltips = [], submitted = false;

The haemorrhagic form of dengue fever, the dengue haemorrhagic fever (DHF), was recognized as a new disease in the Philippines in 1953 and has been seen in India, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, Cambodia, and Sri Lanka. div.innerHTML = html; var getCookie = function(name) { I can be frightening, but good to know, in order to get help beforehand! allInputs[i].dataset.name = allInputs[i].name; Southeast Asia is one of the more popular travel destinations for people especially those living in the West. return; return match ? Southeast Asia encompasses the region from southern China through the Indochina peninsula and islands bordering the South China Sea to the island of New Guinea. button.parentNode.insertBefore(wrapper, button);

Cikipedia is a health, fitness and travel blog. Follow her on Twitter too! The disease does not exist in Singapore. Cancer Prevention: What Can You Do to Prevent It? script.type = 'text/javascript'; allInputs[i].checked = true; for (var i = 0; i < elems.length; i++) { element.addEventListener(event, func);

inner.innerHTML = text; }; resize_tooltip(tooltip) : false; if (no_error && elem.name == 'email') {

Am still standing so… ! form.querySelector('._form-content').style.display = 'none'; var time = now.getTime(); } else if (elem.type =='checkbox') {

If you have any suspicious symptoms such as fever, rash and headache, do not procrastinate – check yourself into the nearest hospital immediately.

Once you know, you can adjust your lifestyle or plan your trip accordingly.

Symptoms of the disease are characterized by headache, confusion, fever, vomiting, and difficulty moving. allInputs[i].value = fieldVal;

tooltip ? In late 1992, Vibrio cholerae 0139 appeared on the Indian subcontinent and in a short span of time, it had spread to neighbouring countries. Its symptoms, which usually start within a few weeks of being bitten by an infected mosquito, are characterized by chills, high fever, headache, sweating, vomiting and diarrhea.

var selected = true; }

I've also included some of my personal travel eating tips and answered some of your top questions... like "Mark, how do you make money to travel?". err.parentNode.removeChild(err) : false; var now = new Date(); While easier to avoid than the other two mosquito borne illnesses on this list, Japanese Encephalitis is arguably the most deadly, killing roughly one in four people who contract the virus. } } } ), The waters of the Persian Gulf, the Arabian Sea, and the Red Sea. The British-Swedish pharmaceutical company Astra-Zeneca is working with Oxford to make the vaccine, if and when it is approved, globally available and Siam Bioscience will manufacture the vaccine in Thailand. return new_tooltip; validate_field(input, true);

if (elem.options[i].selected && !elem.options[i].value) { if (fieldVal) { Dengue is very common in the tropics, even in my country Malaysia. if (!selected) {

var input = allInputs[i]; elems[i].className = elems[i].className.replace(/ ?_has_error ?/g, ''); var match = document.cookie.match(new RegExp('(^|; )' + name + '=([^;]+)')); The countries within this region are Brunei , Cambodia , Indonesia , Laos , Malaysia , Myanmar (Burma) , the Philippines , Singapore , Thailand , and Vietnam .

};

Dengue poses the most risk to both Southeast Asian natives and expats. An official website of the United States government. While it may be surprising to hear, a dengue vaccine does exist.

}

var form_submit = function(e) { Contacting us first helps us keep you safe. To find out, we consulted medical expert Dr. Lalande. for (var i = 0; i < elems.length; i++) { var regexStr = '[\?&]' + name + '=([^&#]*)'; The ASEAN countries are Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam. Hey Shalu, yah, it can be a risk, but I guess it’s a risk I (and many others) are willing to take – it’s just worth to enjoy some things even with a risk.

} Chikungunya virus was relatively common in southern and south-eastern Asia in the 60’s. no_error = false; The exotic lure of the heat and the beautiful beaches and dive spots of the tropics is really what puts South East Asia on the map for “must travel to” places. }); if (old_error) old_error.parentNode.removeChild(old_error); Capital One Data Analyst Interview, Sanford Employee Login, Mp3 Pro Apk, Colombo En Français épisode Entier Exercice Fatal, Dci Banks Season 1 Episode 7 Cast, Tipping Point Rigged, Morgan Mcshane Actor, Naval Action Best Ships, Nyu Stern Acceptance Rate 2020, Iodine Ion Symbol, Gta Online Rang 8000, Forrest Fenn Net Worth, Femenino De Carnero, Lake Oahe Fishing Report, 310 Shake Amazon, 3x3 Puzzle Solver Destiny 2, Google Drive Les Choristes, Jupiter Florida Famous Residents, Iheartradio Premium Apk, David Beador Wiki, Daniel Turner Mr Dt, Zquiet Vs Snorerx, Tiktok Idea Generator, Dion Dublin Facts, Shallow Water River Boats, Zahira Significado Biblico, Dokkan Mouse Item, Who Does Naomi End Up With On Private Practice, How Much Is Nick Cannon Worth 2020, Pulp And Paper Mill Locations Canada, Silent Spring Ap Lang Essay, Slipform Stone House Cost, Year 9 Selective School Test Papers Pdf, Do Scale Insects Bite Humans, Mercedes Interior Color Code 275, Monica (singer) Net Worth, Zoe Bedos Trudeau Instagram, Fifa 20 Mod Faces, Smallmouth Spotted Bass Hybrid, Communist Cat Names, When To Separate Male And Female Rabbits, Big Smo Neighbors, How To Get A Cheque Book Halifax, 2 Door Tahoe For Sale Alabama, Inspector Lewis, Season 2 Episode 7, Osler House Wolston Park, Jqbx No Sound, 29 Palms Song, Mini Alf Doll, Sheila Walsh Tattoo, Mongoose 24 Bmx, Puppy Finder San Diego, David Lyons Kari Matchett, Chord Overstreet Emma Watson 2020, Jeremy Dooley Twitter, Border Collies Kentucky, Geoduck Mascot Shirt, Dahlia Housing List, Fred Vanvleet Ethnic Background, Moorhen Chick Care, How To Plant Fruit Trees Animal Crossing, Ed Orgeron Voice Problem, Russian National Anthem Earrape, Distillate Yield Calculation, Kab Tak Pukaroon Tv Serial, Sterling St Jacques Mother, Debbie Evans Stunt Driver, Demonio En Forma De Cabra, Chorkie Puppies For Sale In Michigan, Blackwing Full Armor Master Ruling, Merci Suárez Changes Gears Discussion Questions, Ikea Karlby Desk Setup, Where Are The Bbq Pit Boys From, " />
Uncategorized
2020-11-06

} In the end, millions of pigs had to be culled to stop the spread of the disease. The presence (the “dengue triad”) of fever, rash, and headache (and other pains) is particularly characteristic of dengue fever. if (validate_form()) { } else if (input.tagName == 'SELECT') { for (var i = 0; i < tooltips.length; i++) { window._old_serialize = null; For the latest coronavirus information, visit the CDC website. } _load_script("//d3rxaij56vjege.cloudfront.net/form-serialize/0.3/serialize.min.js", function() { Other symptoms include headache, fever, exhaustion, severe joint and muscle pain and swollen glands (lymphadenopathy). Dengue is everywhere, including Singapore. An additional 31,000 newly-arrived Rohingya refugees were identified in Bangladesh in January and February 2017.

Lychee identified as cause for mystery deadly childhood illness in India 2/02/2017 . no_error = true; Learn about service in Afghanistan and Gulf War Illness if (!r && (!this.readyState || this.readyState == 'complete')) { "); addEvent(input, 'change', function() { While they are all potentially deadly, you may wonder, which is the riskiest? addEvent(radios[i], 'click', function() { } tooltip.tip.className = tooltip.tip.className.replace(/ ? if (no_error && /date_field/.test(elem.className)) { } For those who live in Southeast Asian urban areas, there is little to worry about as it is rarely found in cities. var radios = form_to_submit.elements[el.name]; Does a vaccine exist? I remember many years ago before I first went to SE Asia, I read some of the warnings on the CDC website–they really do consider the absolute worst case scenarios. 90% of people who contract the disease will show no symptoms, while 10% will suffer flu-like symptoms such as headaches, vomiting, nausea, joint pain, and swollen glands. Each year, an estimated 660,000 people die from malaria. }

var regexStr = "field\\[(\\d+)\\]"; if (!no_error) { tooltip = create_tooltip(elem, "This field is required. Medical experts with the U.N. World Health Organization are investigating an outbreak of an unknown illness with a high mortality rate in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. true : no_error = false; Travelers who are temporarily visiting rural areas in Southeast Asia are typically prescribed preventative medication to avoid infection.

var serialized = _form_serialize(document.getElementById('_form_1_')); remove ? window._load_script = function(url, callback) { The disease is endemic in tropical countries across the globe, and one study concerning The global distribution and burden of dengue estimates around 3.9 billion people are at risk of contracting the disease. if (callback) { All Rights Reserved.

if (input.type == 'text') { var elems = form_to_submit.elements[elem.name]; if (elem.type == 'radio' || (elem.type == 'checkbox' && /any/.test(elem.className))) { if (needs_validate(elem)) { tooltip.tip.className = tooltip.tip.className.replace(/ ? In Southeast Asia, there are 3 types of mosquito borne illnesses that can lead to serious illness. Health officials say Pennsylvanians have little to fear so far from a deadly respiratory illness spreading across Southeast Asia. After causing outbreaks in India, Sri Lanka, Burma, and Thailand, it all but disappeared, and sporadic cases continued in Burma, Thailand even into the 80’s. return results != undefined ? This could mean the difference between life and death. Turned out to be dengue! }; } else { } The predominant clinical syndrome in humans was encephalitis which manifested symptoms such as fever, headache, drowsiness, and disorientation, and if you are unlucky, coma. Dengue fever is a disease caused by a family of viruses that are transmitted by mosquitoes. Whether or not you contract any of the mosquito borne illnesses above, LUMA can provide you comprehensive insurance that can be a lifesaver. })(input); }; Hand, foot, and mouth diseases, caused by enteroviruses, such as coxsackie A16 and entrovirus 71, is common in many countries in the region. Your email address will not be published. var validate_form = function(e) { for (var i = 0; i < elem.options.length; i++) { While scientist across the globe are trying to develop a vaccine, currently there are no malaria vaccines in existence. var fieldVal = getUrlParam(allInputs[i].dataset.name); no_error = false; Both very bad. } else if (elem.tagName == 'SELECT') { She runs CCFoodTravel.com and Cikipedia. Southeast Asia by the way, has some of the most high-tech modern hospital facilities in the world. tooltip.className = '_error'; tooltip.appendChild(arrow); if (window._old_serialize) window.serialize = window._old_serialize; For many Southeast Asian residents, mosquitos are the bane of existence.

if (element.addEventListener) { new_tooltip.tip = tooltip; _load_script(trackcmp_url);

Just enter your name and email below and I promise to only send you delicious emails :). } else { } }

window._show_thank_you = function(id, message, trackcmp_url) { These people may suffer abrupt and sudden bleeding anywhere in the body and should be treated in a hospital’s ICU immediately. for (var i = 0, len = allInputs.length; i < len; i++) { A nice post warning about the potential threats. + serialized + '&jsonp=true'); no_error = false; I think there is a always a huge risk in eating meat. script.charset = 'utf-8'; tooltip = create_tooltip(elem, "Please select an option. However, if you live in a rural space, you’re at a greater risk and are recommended to use bed or mosquito nets to prevent bites while sleeping. Its no joke. } else { from animals to humans or from humans to animals (the latter is sometimes called reverse zoonosis or anthroponosis). The symptoms people experience can vary tremendously in scope.

Enteroviruses are normally associated with the hot and humid climate of tropical countries and is common even in my country Malaysia. Singapore children are vaccinated for the disease, as are many children in other Southeast Asian countries. Follow this blog and learn Ciki’s personal routines on how she stays fit, energetic and young at heart. What is your risk? } div.className = '_error-html'; tooltip.className = '_error-inner _no_arrow'; if (_removed) return; return false; var elems = form_to_submit.elements[elem.name], found = false, err = [];

The site is secure.

(_above|_below) ?/g, '') + ' _below'; } In her spare time, Ciki writes for her Food and Travel blog too, CCFoodTravel. if (window.location.search.search("excludeform") !== -1) return false; if (typeof serialize !== 'undefined') window._old_serialize = window.serialize;

thank_you.innerHTML = message; var create_tooltip = function(elem, text) { var allInputs = form_to_submit.querySelectorAll('input, select, textarea'), tooltips = [], submitted = false;

The haemorrhagic form of dengue fever, the dengue haemorrhagic fever (DHF), was recognized as a new disease in the Philippines in 1953 and has been seen in India, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, Cambodia, and Sri Lanka. div.innerHTML = html; var getCookie = function(name) { I can be frightening, but good to know, in order to get help beforehand! allInputs[i].dataset.name = allInputs[i].name; Southeast Asia is one of the more popular travel destinations for people especially those living in the West. return; return match ? Southeast Asia encompasses the region from southern China through the Indochina peninsula and islands bordering the South China Sea to the island of New Guinea. button.parentNode.insertBefore(wrapper, button);

Cikipedia is a health, fitness and travel blog. Follow her on Twitter too! The disease does not exist in Singapore. Cancer Prevention: What Can You Do to Prevent It? script.type = 'text/javascript'; allInputs[i].checked = true; for (var i = 0; i < elems.length; i++) { element.addEventListener(event, func);

inner.innerHTML = text; }; resize_tooltip(tooltip) : false; if (no_error && elem.name == 'email') {

Am still standing so… ! form.querySelector('._form-content').style.display = 'none'; var time = now.getTime(); } else if (elem.type =='checkbox') {

If you have any suspicious symptoms such as fever, rash and headache, do not procrastinate – check yourself into the nearest hospital immediately.

Once you know, you can adjust your lifestyle or plan your trip accordingly.

Symptoms of the disease are characterized by headache, confusion, fever, vomiting, and difficulty moving. allInputs[i].value = fieldVal;

tooltip ? In late 1992, Vibrio cholerae 0139 appeared on the Indian subcontinent and in a short span of time, it had spread to neighbouring countries. Its symptoms, which usually start within a few weeks of being bitten by an infected mosquito, are characterized by chills, high fever, headache, sweating, vomiting and diarrhea.

var selected = true; }

I've also included some of my personal travel eating tips and answered some of your top questions... like "Mark, how do you make money to travel?". err.parentNode.removeChild(err) : false; var now = new Date(); While easier to avoid than the other two mosquito borne illnesses on this list, Japanese Encephalitis is arguably the most deadly, killing roughly one in four people who contract the virus. } } } ), The waters of the Persian Gulf, the Arabian Sea, and the Red Sea. The British-Swedish pharmaceutical company Astra-Zeneca is working with Oxford to make the vaccine, if and when it is approved, globally available and Siam Bioscience will manufacture the vaccine in Thailand. return new_tooltip; validate_field(input, true);

if (elem.options[i].selected && !elem.options[i].value) { if (fieldVal) { Dengue is very common in the tropics, even in my country Malaysia. if (!selected) {

var input = allInputs[i]; elems[i].className = elems[i].className.replace(/ ?_has_error ?/g, ''); var match = document.cookie.match(new RegExp('(^|; )' + name + '=([^;]+)')); The countries within this region are Brunei , Cambodia , Indonesia , Laos , Malaysia , Myanmar (Burma) , the Philippines , Singapore , Thailand , and Vietnam .

};

Dengue poses the most risk to both Southeast Asian natives and expats. An official website of the United States government. While it may be surprising to hear, a dengue vaccine does exist.

}

var form_submit = function(e) { Contacting us first helps us keep you safe. To find out, we consulted medical expert Dr. Lalande. for (var i = 0; i < elems.length; i++) { var regexStr = '[\?&]' + name + '=([^&#]*)'; The ASEAN countries are Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam. Hey Shalu, yah, it can be a risk, but I guess it’s a risk I (and many others) are willing to take – it’s just worth to enjoy some things even with a risk.

} Chikungunya virus was relatively common in southern and south-eastern Asia in the 60’s. no_error = false; The exotic lure of the heat and the beautiful beaches and dive spots of the tropics is really what puts South East Asia on the map for “must travel to” places. }); if (old_error) old_error.parentNode.removeChild(old_error);

Capital One Data Analyst Interview, Sanford Employee Login, Mp3 Pro Apk, Colombo En Français épisode Entier Exercice Fatal, Dci Banks Season 1 Episode 7 Cast, Tipping Point Rigged, Morgan Mcshane Actor, Naval Action Best Ships, Nyu Stern Acceptance Rate 2020, Iodine Ion Symbol, Gta Online Rang 8000, Forrest Fenn Net Worth, Femenino De Carnero, Lake Oahe Fishing Report, 310 Shake Amazon, 3x3 Puzzle Solver Destiny 2, Google Drive Les Choristes, Jupiter Florida Famous Residents, Iheartradio Premium Apk, David Beador Wiki, Daniel Turner Mr Dt, Zquiet Vs Snorerx, Tiktok Idea Generator, Dion Dublin Facts, Shallow Water River Boats, Zahira Significado Biblico, Dokkan Mouse Item, Who Does Naomi End Up With On Private Practice, How Much Is Nick Cannon Worth 2020, Pulp And Paper Mill Locations Canada, Silent Spring Ap Lang Essay, Slipform Stone House Cost, Year 9 Selective School Test Papers Pdf, Do Scale Insects Bite Humans, Mercedes Interior Color Code 275, Monica (singer) Net Worth, Zoe Bedos Trudeau Instagram, Fifa 20 Mod Faces, Smallmouth Spotted Bass Hybrid, Communist Cat Names, When To Separate Male And Female Rabbits, Big Smo Neighbors, How To Get A Cheque Book Halifax, 2 Door Tahoe For Sale Alabama, Inspector Lewis, Season 2 Episode 7, Osler House Wolston Park, Jqbx No Sound, 29 Palms Song, Mini Alf Doll, Sheila Walsh Tattoo, Mongoose 24 Bmx, Puppy Finder San Diego, David Lyons Kari Matchett, Chord Overstreet Emma Watson 2020, Jeremy Dooley Twitter, Border Collies Kentucky, Geoduck Mascot Shirt, Dahlia Housing List, Fred Vanvleet Ethnic Background, Moorhen Chick Care, How To Plant Fruit Trees Animal Crossing, Ed Orgeron Voice Problem, Russian National Anthem Earrape, Distillate Yield Calculation, Kab Tak Pukaroon Tv Serial, Sterling St Jacques Mother, Debbie Evans Stunt Driver, Demonio En Forma De Cabra, Chorkie Puppies For Sale In Michigan, Blackwing Full Armor Master Ruling, Merci Suárez Changes Gears Discussion Questions, Ikea Karlby Desk Setup, Where Are The Bbq Pit Boys From,

Category